Feb 10, 2010

Sprouting into Spring

I'm really excited for Spring to arrive, and gardening to begin! Right now I'm in the planning stages. This year I plan to grow cucumbers, zucchini, radishes, peas, beans, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, squash, potatoes, watermelon, cantelope, carrots, and pumpkins. Plus many varieties of herbs, and a cut flower garden. This is in addition to my currently growing strawberries (of which I need to add more plants), raspberries, and blueberries. I've never tried to grow squash or potatoes before, so it should be interesting. And now, readers, you may begin to understand why I have so many rain barrels!


Unfortunately, I have misplace the great majority of the seeds I saved from my garden and purchased on sale last year! So I may have to start nearly from scratch :-(  But I do have some seeds I can start indoors now. And I'm contemplating turning my balcony into a mini-greenhouse to germinate my seeds and grow young plants, as my indoor rooms don't get nearly enough light. I found a great article on the Home Depot site that should help you start your own seeds indoors this spring:

http://www.homedepotgardenclub.com/Dimensions/Article.aspx?contentid=2968&cm_mmc=hd_email-_-021010_GC-0210-Wed-_-0209-GC02-_-seedsstart-28G

No comments:

Post a Comment